This website strives to ensure that this website meets or exceeds the accessibility requirements outlined in Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
If you need information from a web page that is not easily accessible, choose from the following options:
- PDF Documents
Users with visual impairments are advised to use their screen reader. If you experience problems with your reader, make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat installed and use the Adobe Reader “Read Out Loud” function (under View menu) to hear the document read to you (have speakers on). For more information on PDF accessibility, please see Adobe.com Accessibility.
- E-mail the Webmaster
E-mail our Webmaster with the URL of the
page you wish to access, the technology you are using, and your phone
number and e-mail address. We will work with you to make the files available
in a format you can use.
In accordance with current Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) standards (http://www.hrsa.gov/about/508resources.html), our goal is to improve accessibility to users with visual, motor, or cognitive disabilities. We strive to meet or exceed accessibility requirements in the following areas:
- Images. This website provides equivalent text for images that convey information.
- Multimedia. This website limits the use of multimedia (i.e., presentations that include components such as text, graphics, video, animation, and sound), and, where multimedia is used, the site provides equivalent text for the presentation.
- Color. This website does not rely on color to convey information.
- Style sheets. This website does not require associated style sheets (i.e., pre-designated templates that define the layout of a Web page) to be viewed.
- Image maps. This website provides equivalent text for images (e.g., navigation bars) that perform functions when selected (e.g., open a new window, navigate through the site).
- Tables. This website provides row and column headers for data tables.
- Frames. This website does not include frames (i.e., separate sections of the display area that are generated from
different Web pages).
- Motion. This website sites does not include motion that causes the screen to flicker outside an acceptable range
(i.e., higher than 2Hz and lower than 55Hz).
- Text-only pages. A text-only equivalent web page will be provided when a compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way.
- Applets and plug-ins. This website avoids the use of applets (i.e., programs designed to be executed from within another program) and plug-ins (i.e., programs that add features to a standard browser), and, when such programs are used, the site includes links to external websites that provide such applets or plug-ins via download.
- Forms. This website allows for easy access to and completion of forms.
If you have comments or suggestions about the accessibility of this website, please e-mail the Webmaster.